No Nonsense Tools Your Business Needs to Flourish
Business Lab™ (formerly known as Startup Lab) is a fast-paced, interactive program of seven classes held over seven weeks, designed to help you create, refine, implement, and present your business. Business Lab™ for business helps you define the fundamental purpose of your business and the core value it offers to your customers. We cover the essentials of business strategy, finance and profitability, marketing and sales, business planning, and project implementation. to ensure that you have the tools you need to be successful!
Benefits of the Program
Business Lab™ for business is a collaborative program. You will work with the instructor and other participants to discuss your business and dive deeply into the components of your business. The instructor’s role is to help facilitate the discussion and offer insight, where helpful.
We also invite a number of community-based entrepreneurs to share their expertise and experience with either starting a business or supporting growing businesses. Guest speakers include business founders, service providers, working professionals, and all-around wise sages.
Business Lab™ offers an ideal setting for discovery, hands-on application of practical business tools, and the ability to clearly communicate the value of your product or service, and the benefits your business offers.
Business Lab™ for business is an opportunity for entrepreneurs like you to build the business of your dreams through a structured peer-learning process and a disciplined approach. Business Lab™ is for new entrepreneurs ready to put their idea to paper and evaluate its viability, and for existing entrepreneurs seeking to evaluate a new idea or apply a more structured systems approach to an ongoing enterprise.
Hands-on exercises, learning tools, dialogue, access to seasoned entrepreneurs, accountability for completing a business case document and business case presentation, and building a peer network.
Business Lab™ provides proven, practical business tools and builds confidence — you are the future of our local economy — and increases your chances for success significantly. Use Business Lab™ to build the vehicle to carry your idea, product, and dreams forward.
Seven class sessions over a seven-week period. Three hours of meeting time per class.
The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship, Keene, NH
(Class topics subject to change as needed to maximize the impact of the Business Lab™ experience)
Introduction to Business Lab™
- Class overview
- Create mission, vision, and values
- Understand the opportunity and or the problem your business addresses
The “Big Three”: From Idea to Reality
- Resources and assets
- Working on your business plan
- Working on your presentation pitch
- Diving into the essential elements of your business
- Business model and financial viability
- Basic terms and definitions of financial terms
- Financial statements, budget projections
- Financing your business
- Initial practice pitch
Customer, Marketing, and Sales
- Defining and understanding your customer
- Define the market and business need
- Create your value proposition
- Developing your marketing and sales plan
Milestones and Metrics
- Project management techniques
- SMART Goals
- Metrics to understand performance and health of the business
Executive Summary of Your Business Plan
- Full pitch practice
- Learn from an experienced entrepreneur
- Pitch your business to friends, family, and community members!
- Debrief and assess your experience and all-important next steps
Danya Landis, Owner of Machina Arts
Sarah Barkhouse, Owner of Vera Flora Farm
Owner of Rising Fellow
Chris Dubriske, Owner Lumen Mesh
Schedule, Cost, How to Apply
Is It Right for You?
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about your business and serious about making it successful
- You are motivated to take action and break through obstacles to grow your business
- You are ready and willing to challenge yourself and step outside your comfort zone
- You welcome constructive feedback so you can improve your business habits and practices
- You work collaboratively and recognize the benefit of sharing both success and failure to achieve success
The meetings for this program will take place at Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship. Business Lab™ meets on Saturdays for a three-hour energetic, hands-on work session. Full participation in all sessions is required!
Business Lab™ meets once a week for 7 weeks, 4:30 PM -7:30 PM on the following dates: 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/01, 11/08, 11/15, **11/29 – this last class is the culminating Pitch Event held on Wednesday Night from 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
Fall 2023 Cohort Begins in October, starting Wedesday, October 11th.
The tuition for Business Lab! is $700.
We have scholarships available for qualifying applicants.
A non-refundable deposit ($100) is requested in advance of the class. The remaining cost of the class is due before the first day. Both may be paid online.
Upcoming Business Labs
- Meet with Our Program Director, email programs@hannahgrimes.
com to schedule a meeting to discuss fit for the program.
- Complete a Business Lab™ application.
- Please complete our Intake Form, the Program director will send this to you prior to your meeting.
- Submit your Application and Intake Form to us by Thursday, September 28 at email@example.com, or drop off your application at The Hannah Grimes Center, Business Lab™, 25 Roxbury St, Keene, NH 03431
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be contacted before the start of the class to confirm program acceptance or schedule an additional interview, if necessary.