Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship is seeking a community-minded individual to serve as an Outreach Specialist in support of the SBA Community Navigator Pilot Program (Navigator). The goal of the Navigator program is to reach and support underserved small businesses, including micro and rural businesses in Cheshire and Sullivan Counties, with emphasis on those owned by women, veterans, BIPOC individuals, and/or other members of communities who have been historically underserved. Participation in the Navigator program is part of Hannah Grimes’ ongoing effort to develop programs and services that demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. More information about Navigator can be found HERE.
The Outreach Specialist is a core member of the Navigator team and plays a critical role in achieving our goals. This individual is responsible for conducting focused and targeted outreach to underserved small businesses, as well as supporting the development and cultivation of relationships with community partners who can guide and promote engagement with underserved communities and their networks.
The Outreach Specialist will work as an independent contractor and will be expected to provide an average of 20 hours of services weekly at $27 per hour through November 30, 2023, the end of the term of the Navigator grant funding. Due to the nature of the responsibilities, the Outreach Specialist is expected to live in Cheshire or Sullivan Counties or in adjacent locations within 25 miles of the service region. It is anticipated that most of the work will be performed out in the field. The Outreach Specialist will need to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct focused grassroots outreach to target populations, including phone calls, texts, emails, personal visits, networking events and other forms of engagement and outreach, as appropriate for each target population.
- Support the development and cultivation of relationships with community partners to build enduring relationships and partnerships, deepen trust, and gain access to target populations.
- Track time, complete visit reports, and otherwise collect data in accordance with the performance metrics established by the terms of the Navigator grant.
- Do data entry into Center IC and into other data collection systems as assigned.
- Complete components of required Quarterly Reports as assigned.
- Attend regular Navigator Team meetings.
- Attend identified external learning opportunities in order to better engage with targeted populations.
- Actively participate in the Navigator Community of Practice by attending meetings and sharing resources using the NH Navigator listserv.
- Other duties as agreed.
A wide range of variables can affect an individual’s fit for this job, but most generally the ideal Outreach Specialist will possess the qualifications detailed below. Individuals who are themselves members of one or more of the target populations (rural, veterans, women, BIPOC, or those historically underserved) and/or who have had direct experience as an owner of a small business or who are widely connected within our community are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience reaching out and engaging with local business owners and communities, particularly rural communities in New Hampshire.
- Knowledge of and connection with communities in Cheshire and Sullivan Counties in New Hampshire.
- Self-driven with an ability to work independently
- Ability to coordinate projects and events
- Ability to track progress
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Have a passion for growing businesses in our community
- Comfortable speaking to/presenting to and facilitating groups.
- Is enthusiastic, fun, and has a sense of humor
- High proficiency in technology including Microsoft Office and proprietary databases and other web-enabled applications/services.
- Valid NH driver’s license and a car.
About the Organization:
The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship provides the space, tools and connections that innovative entrepreneurs and businesses need to build strong businesses, thriving local economies and vibrant communities in the Monadnock Region of New Hampshire.
It is the policy of Hannah Grimes not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship, military status, or any other additional classification or category of individuals protected by state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hannah Grimes prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Hannah Grimes is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Application Process: Applications should include a resume and cover letter, along with 3 professional references, and should be sent to Hannah Grimes Center, email@example.com
Interviews will begin as soon as late November and will continue until the position is filled. Applications lacking a cover letter and references shall not be considered