Summary Position Description
Office & Facilities Manager at Hannah Grimes is responsible for strategy, implementation and continuous improvement of business and facility operations for our small, dynamic and entrepreneurial nonprofit.
Hannah Grimes has a fun, flexible work environment while also maintaining a high level of dedication for maximum impact. We are looking for someone community-minded and growth-oriented to join our work family and reap the benefits of this fulfilling work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Office and Business Management – ensure smooth operations of a busy office and provide support for the bookkeeping, budgeting, ordering supplies, and financial reporting processes
- Facilities Management – maintain a top-notch facility, highly functional building by creating and managing capital budget, insurance, maximize opportunities for earned income, managing the rental and use of the spaces, and coordinate building maintenance, repairs and upgrades
- Tenant and client relationships – cultivate a welcoming and supportive environment for all of our guests and tenants and ensure they have what they need
- Technology Support – work with tech support company to resolve technology issues agency-wide and assist Associates with technology set up, online software and account management
- Human Resources – work with the Deputy Executive Director to ensure employee policies, benefits and procedures are kept current and administered properly. Onboarding new hires, insurance changes, employee data/record management
- Welcoming and supportive environment – ensure guests to the building have the information and support needed.
- Operations – supervise aspects of other employees’ jobs that overlap with operations. When needed, provide assistance in staging events and setting rooms for bookings. Provide extra eyes on the organizational and program marketing and social media.
Qualifications – a wide range of variables can affect an individual’s fit for this job, but the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Three years’ experience in management and/or business that has provided a working knowledge in areas including business and management principles involved in project management, systems, customer and vendor relations, budgeting, creating reports, evaluation and measurement, and coordination of people and resources.
- Skills: High proficiency in technology including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, business management systems, familiarity with building systems, maintenance, and repair coordination
- License/Certification: Valid NH driver’s license and a car.
- Work Traits: Highly organized, personable, disciplined, self-motivated, ability to efficiently interact with a wide range of personalities, ability to work flexibly and well in a fast-paced environment with interruptions, prioritization and task management, confident, relationship builder, strong critical thinking skills and sound judgement, commitment to excellence and quality, hard worker, and strong written, graphic, listening, public speaking and presentation skills.
Mission: The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship provides the space, tools and connections that innovative entrepreneurs and businesses need to build strong businesses, thriving local economies and vibrant communities in the Monadnock Region.
Vision: The people who love this closely-knit community are empowered to be the architects of its quality of life and economic destiny.
Application Process: Applications should include a resume and cover letter, along with 3 professional references, and should be sent to Hannah Grimes Center, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is the end of the business day, November 18, 2022.
Applications lacking a cover letter and references shall not be considered.
Compensation: Salary is $50,000 with medical, dental, paid time off, parental leave, retirement benefits, and more.
Hannah Grimes Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.