The Finance and Administration Director at Hannah Grimes is responsible for strategy, implementation and continuous improvement of financial, business and facility operations for our small, dynamic and entrepreneurial nonprofit. Hannah Grimes offers a great opportunity for a highly motivated, creative individual to have a significant impact on businesses and the community and region.
**** Applications should include a resume and cover letter, along with 3 references. Applications lacking a cover letter and references shall not be considered.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure financial systems are well-managed and that staff and the board have the analysis and reports necessary to make strategic and management decisions
- Carry out day-to-day financial transactions in conjunction with sub-contracted bookkeeper and provide support and information to accountant handling annual financial reviews and reports
- Ensure that income and expenses, accounts receivable and payable and other areas of financial management are monitored and efficiently managed through Quickbooks to maximize cash flow and financial accountability
- Provide support to the Board Committees on Building and Finance, as well as to the Executive Director and the full board as appropriate
- Provide budget planning, training and monitoring support for the organization and its staff
Business Operations & Administration
- Office and Business Management – ensure smooth operations of a busy office, including assisting staff with project management strategies and solutions, ensuring optimal data storage and protection and recommending overall office systems to maximize efficiency of operations
- Ensure that the facility has adequate coverage during business hours
- Facilities Management – maintain a top-notch, highly functional facility by creating and managing the asset management plan, managing ongoing expenses, maximizing opportunities for earned income, coordinating building maintenance, repairs and upgrades and managing documentation, policies and processes related to tenancy and facility use
- Technology Support – ensure that the systems that are in place are fully functional, working with sub-contracted tech support companies to resolve technology issues and identify potential new solutions
- Risk Management – identify areas of potential risk to the organization and ensure that the organization is in full compliance with all certifications, licenses, laws, registrations and other requirements necessary to maintaining its non-profit status
- Ensure employee policies, benefits and procedures are optimal, kept current and administered properly
- Facilitate on-boarding and exiting of employees to help ensure smooth transitions
- Ensure that payroll processing is carried out by the bookkeeper in a timely and appropriate manner
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees who need assistance with payroll, benefits or other issues related to employment at Hannah Grimes Center or the Hannah Grimes Marketplace
- Supervise the Marketing & Operations Manager and any vendors hired to carry out work at the Center
Programs & Overall Mission
- Serve as primary facility contact for and support Incubator, non-profit and other tenants
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing and reporting, management of constituent data and other fundraising duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as an ambassador for Hannah Grimes and its programs in the community
- Reports to the Executive Director
Qualifications – a wide range of variables can affect an individual’s fit for this job, but the ideal Finance & Administration Director will possess the following qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Five years’ experience with financial, office and project management, operational systems, community relations, budgeting, reporting and analysis, and coordination of people and resources.
- Skills: Strong proficiency in financial management software such as Quickbooks and office technology platforms such as Microsoft Office. Willingness and ability to interact with high-level volunteers, board members and community leaders critical. Familiarity with facility management issues and experience with fundraising for non-profit organizations a plus.
- License/Certification: Valid NH driver’s license and a car.
- Work Traits: Highly organized, personable, disciplined, self-motivated, ability to efficiently interact with a wide range of personalities, ability to work flexibly and well in a fast-paced environment with interruptions, confident, enjoys working as a member of a team, strong critical thinking skills and sound judgement, commitment to excellence and quality, hard worker and strong written, analytical and listening skills.
Mission: The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship provides the space, tools and connections that innovative entrepreneurs and businesses need to build strong businesses, thriving local economies and vibrant communities in the Monadnock Region.
Vision: The people who love this closely-knit community are empowered to be the architects of its quality of life and economic destiny.
Application Process: Applications should include a resume and cover letter, along with 3 references, and should be sent to Hannah Grimes Center, email@example.com Deadline to apply is the end of business, July 16, 2021. Applications lacking a cover letter and references shall not be considered.
Compensation: Salary is $58,000 with medical, dental, paid time off and retirement benefits.
Hannah Grimes Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.
About the Hannah Grimes Center:
Mission: The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship provides the space, tools and networks that innovative entrepreneurs and businesses need to build strong businesses, thriving local economies and vibrant communities in the Monadnock Region. Vision: The people who love this closely-knit community are empowered to be the architects of its quality of life and economic destiny. Hannah Grimes offers a great learning and growth environment for a highly motivated, creative individual.
Southwestern NH offers an abundance of cultural activities, a vibrant local farm and food sector, a hub of thriving independent retailers and restaurants in historic towns and villages, a diverse local economy, and a region that boasts mountains large and small, dotted with lakes and ponds, rivers and streams, forests and fields which offers great outdoor and recreational opportunities.