The next round of classes for the Business Start-Up Program begins April 3, 2014. Send in your application today!
The Hannah Grimes Business Start-Up Program is modeled after our proven business development program, The Entrepreneur Projects: Grow Your Business and Advanced CEO, but covers content relevant to new business owners and is six months long. You will learn the skills and receive the support you need to reach your business goals – in the company of other like-minded entrepreneurs.
“The Start-Up Program offered by the Hannah Grimes Center and taught by Helaine Iris is simply outstanding. Helaine offers superior organizational and teaching skills, a wealth of knowledge, and the perfect combinations of expertise and intuition, support and challenge—all communicated articulately and effectively. The Hannah Grimes Center provides a strong network of resources to supplement class instruction, in a vibrant, positive, professional atmosphere. This start-up entrepreneurship class teaches invaluable business-planning skills, and should be considered a must for anyone starting a business.”
- Carol Renzelman, Owner of By My Pen
Next class start date: April 3, 2014.
All classes meet once a month on Thursdays at the Hannah Grimes Center in Keene and run from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
The Class is limited to 8 participants.
- May 1
- June 5
- July 3
- August 7
- September 4
How the Program is Unique
There are three elements that enable The Business Start-Up Program to deliver stunning results.
First, unlike most business development programs, it coaches you on both personal and business development. After all, if your friends and family are worried now because you’re spending all your time thinking about and working on your new business, and you’re staying up till 4 in the morning trying to figure it out by yourself – what’s going to make that better? Apart from work/life balance, many of the obstacles that surface for start-ups relate to personal blocks that require real solutions so that you can achieve better outcomes.
Second, the program guides you to an understanding of some business fundamentals that you may never have learned because you’re flying by the seat of your pants. Don’t worry – if you haven’t cracked a textbook in 20 years, this instruction is not complicated and it’s very, very practical. This program will help you put together a written, action plan that serves as a roadmap for your business, in addition to helping you with that all important business plan.
Third, along with mentoring from an experienced, knowledgeable instructor and coach, you benefit from masterminding and resource sharing with the other members of the group (limited to 8 participants). Very often another participant in the program has the perfect answer or rationale for something that’s been holding you back.
Benefits of the Program
Despite a set curriculum of topics, the breakthroughs for participants in The Business Start-Up Program are actually as individual and different as the products and services they sell. Whatever has been blocking your way tends to come into view and then fall away as you learn strategies for dealing with it.
The life-changing insights and business changes you might experience fall into these categories:
- Learn Valuable Business Skills Click here to see the full six-month curriculum
- Write a business plan and set the course for your first critical year in business.
- Learn how to use financial statements to make profitable decisions for your company
- Develop your own sales technique that feels comfortable and effectively sells your product or service
- Design and implement a marketing strategy that generates and sustain growth
- Create a business infrastructure that supports growth
- Take control and become proactive: You plan instead of react.
- Improve Your Personal Effectiveness
- Become a master of time rather than its victim
- Get organized and stay organized
- Use your inspiration to build momentum and remain empowered
- Implement social responsibility initiatives that matter to you
- Become an organization driven by values, vision, and mission
- Become Profitable Doing What You Love
- Enhance both business and personal skills via monthly group meetings with a comprehensive learning program
- Work through your business challenges through facilitated group problem solving
- Get access to valuable online and offline business resources through the networked community of business owners
- Reach your goals even faster with optional one-on-one business coaching sessions that help you navigate your path to success and keep you on track
How it Works
The learning sessions for this program take place at the Hanna Grimes Center. We meet once per month for a three-hour intensive work session. In addition, you can opt to receive 6 one-on-one 45-minute personal coaching calls with Helaine (one call per month) to help get you with any topic you need help with. This one-on-one option has additional fees that are not included in the program cost.
About Your Coach
Years ago, Helaine Iris doubled her income after participating in a program very much like The Business Start-Up Program. Now she uses her background of nearly 25 years of entrepreneurship and personal development expertise as well as 12 years of coaching experience to help business owners achieve similar breakthroughs. Helaine’s credentials include coach certification from the Life on Purpose Institute, training in integral psychotherapy, therapeutic breathwork, mediation, and “The Work” of Byron Katie. Her business experience includes eight successful years as a manager for a chain of metaphysical stores. She is known for a fearless, no-nonsense, yet warm and compassionate style of speaking truth, challenging apparent limitations, and holding up a high standard of clarity, integrity, and groundedness that enables her clients to grow.
Is It Right for You?
You’re eligible to enroll in The Business Start-Up Program if all of the following is true for you:
- If you are within the first year to eighteen months of a new business, selling either services or products
- If you have a plan in place and are just about to launch a new business
- You have a high level of motivation to take action and break through obstacles to grow your business
- You’re ready and willing to take on a challenge and step outside your comfort zone
- You welcome constructive feedback so you can improve your business habits and practices
- You look forward to helping others in the program overcome their obstacles and become successful also.
Cost, Payment Details
The all-inclusive tuition for The Business Start-Up Program is $600. If this sounds like a large number to you, divide it by 6 and you’ll see that that equals just $100 a month to receive the benefits of knowledge, support and accountability to help you succeed with your investment in your new business.
When you are accepted to the program, you’ll be invoiced for a non-refundable deposit of $100, which once paid holds your spot. The remaining tuition is due in full before the first class. You may pay by credit card, or check.
There are scholarships funds available for 75% of the cost of tuition for those who qualify on the Income Verification Form 2014.
- Fill out our Start Up Program Application April 2014.
- Submit your application to Jillian Garcia at email@example.com, or mail your application to The Hannah Grimes Center, Business Start-Up Program, 25 Roxbury St, Suite C, Keene, NH 03431
- Someone from the Hannah Grimes Center will contact you to arrange an interview with Helaine Iris, program instructor.
- Applicants will be contacted at the close of the application process to confirm program acceptance.
- Payment must be received thirty days before the start of the program unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due upon acceptance to hold your spot.
- The balance is due on the first day of class – online payments are accepted.
- There is a $25 late fee added to your balance if the payment is made after the first day of class.
- Your participation in the class will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited if payment is not made prior to class two.